News From Our Colorado Springs, Colorado Cosmetic Dental Practice
We’re back! The new “safer at home” phase of Colorado’s COVID-19 response means that we are once again able to provide dental care to our patients starting April 28th, and we couldn’t be happier. Your dental care is important for your overall health, and our goal is to provide the lowest risk environment to keep our staff and patients safe while continuing to provide excellent care.
Dentistry has for decades been at the forefront of infection control, and our standard protocols include personal protective equipment, instrument sterilization, and cleaning protocols. We’ve taken additional steps to lower the risk of infection with COVID-19. Our office and your visit will look a little different in the following ways:
- We will no longer have paper forms in the office. You will receive a reminder 2 days before your appointment that will include a link to update your information, and we ask that you take the opportunity to do this. These forms are simple to access and fill out, and are submitted through a secure, HIPAA compliant portal. These include a mandatory questionnaire for COVID-19 which will help us keep our patient family safe. These forms are also available on our website.
- We ask that you don’t bring additional people to your appointments unless they are a necessary caregiver.
- Please wear a mask as mandated by Governor Polis.
- We will have a virtual waiting room. You will be asked to wait in your car and call us to let us know you’ve arrived. We will call or text you when we are ready for you to come in.
- Your questionnaire will be verified, you’re temperature will be taken, and you will be taken directly back to your provider.
- You’ll notice increased personal protective equipment—of course our front desk will be wearing masks, but you will also see face shields and goggles, lab coats, booties and scrub caps. We have increased staff for sterilization, including that of high use areas, and a waiting room devoid of magazines and toys. The waiting room chairs will be placed for social distancing. Your hygienists will not be using tools that create aerosols, and any rooms where procedures may produce aerosols will be left to sit for a minimum of an hour before being cleaned and used again.
- We will provide treatment plans through email where possible. Our goal is a no contact front desk.
If you missed an appointment while the office was closed, we will be calling you to reschedule. If you have an immediate need, don’t hesitate to call and we will do our best to get you scheduled in a timely way. We will also be returning messages as quickly as possible. You are so very important to us, and we appreciate your patience and cooperation during this process. We can’t wait to see you!
Dr. Wonnacott and the team at Gleneagle Dental
We know you are aware of the current situation with COVID-19, and we are too. Both the American Dental Association and the Colorado Dental Association recommended On March 16 that dentists postpone all but emergency procedures, and so as of now our office will be closed for all regular appointments.
Our top priority is the health and well-being of our patients, our staff, and our community. We miss seeing our patients, and want to reassure you that you will not be forgotten if you miss an appointment during this time! You are very important to us. We will call to reschedule when we are able to open, and we will also be opening Fridays and some Saturdays once we reopen to make sure that we can accomodate everyone.
We will continue to assess our office plan as the situation unfolds, and will keep you informed. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we all work together for the good of everyone.
You can still call the office for the after hours number if you are in pain or experiencing a dental emergency. The ADA is asking dentists to continue to see patients with emergencies to keep hospitals and urgent care facilities free for other illnesses, and we will be happy to help you.
Thank you for you loyalty and your own efforts to stay safe and healthy.
Dr. Wonnacott and the Team at Gleneagle Dental